Admitted Student Checklist for Freshmen - Spring 2024
Now that you have been admitted, there are several important steps that you must complete in the checklist below. Visit the Freshman Admitted Student Checklist page for full instructions on how to complete each item.
First Things First
- Set up your Pirate ID and email. Log into the Navigator account you created when you submitted your application and find your Pirate ID and email address in the ‘Next Steps’ tab. Then visit ECU Passphrase Maintenance to set up your secure passphrase.
- Verify your residency (NC residents only). As a reminder, if you wish to claim in-state residency for tuition purposes, please make sure to complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) process. You will need to provide us with your Residency Certification Number (RCN) via your Navigator account.
- Apply for financial aid. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA as soon as possible or add ECU’s FAFSA code: 002923.
- Visit campus (optional). The best way to learn about your future institution is to visit. We offer campus tours led by a student tour guide and other on-campus events such as Academic Days. Register online using your Navigator account.
- Explore the Admitted Student Guide. Check out our online Admitted Student Guide, which provides a wealth of information about academics, campus living, and student life at ECU.
Don’t Wait! Secure Your Spot.
- Pay your deposit. Submit the nonrefundable $100 Enrollment Deposit via PiratePort by January 5, 2024 to reserve a spot in the upcoming class.
- Submit your campus housing preference. All first-year students are required to live on campus. You will need to submit a campus housing application as well as pay the $100 advanced room fee and $100 application fee. Visit the Housing website for information on applying for campus housing.
- Attend orientation and register for classes. Register (via PiratePort) to attend in-person orientation on November 17 or January 5. During orientation, you will meet with an advisor and register for classes. Learn more on the Orientation website.
Before You Arrive
- Submit your final official transcripts. You must submit your final official high school transcript and any community college credit transcripts by January 5, 2024.
- Submit proof of immunizations to ECU Student Health Services. Immunizations are a state law requirement and failure to comply will result in academic withdrawal. You must complete the online Report of Medical History form.
- Social Security number verification. The Internal Revenue Service requires East Carolina University to verify Social Security numbers annually for accurate tax reporting on 1098-T forms. You are required to verify your Social Security number and individual taxpayer identification number.
Please contact our office with any questions regarding this checklist by calling 252-328-6640, or send us an email at email@example.com.