Transfer Admitted Student Checklist
Now that you have been admitted, it is important to complete the steps for enrollment below in a timely manner so that you can register for classes as early as possible. The earlier you register for classes, the more course options will be available to you.
We also offer a personalized Admitted Student Checklist. Just complete the “Set up your PirateID and email” step below, and access the personalized checklist in PiratePort.
On this Page
Set up your PirateID and email
Please log into the Navigator account you created when you submitted your application. There you will find your PirateID and email address. Then, activate your PirateID and create your secure passphrase. Need help? This helpful tutorial video will walk you through the process.
Important Note: All official correspondence will take place via your ECU email address. This includes tuition and fee bills, financial aid information, and any messages from your academic advisor, academic department, and faculty. Please check it frequently.
Review your Official Credit Evaluation
We understand how important it is to see what credits have been accepted from your prior institution(s). Follow the instructions below to access your evaluation. If you have any questions regarding your evaluation, please contact the Registrar at email@example.com. Please review your Degree Works audit to verify how your transfer courses were applied to your degree requirements.
Instructions for accessing your Official Credit Evaluation:
- Use the PirateID you created earlier to log into PiratePort
- Select the tile titled “Student Self Service”
- Select “Student Profile,” then “Academic Transcript”
- Select “Advising” under “Transcript Type”
Pay your enrollment deposit
You must submit the non-refundable $100 Enrollment Deposit to reserve your spot in the upcoming class. This deposit is also required before you can begin the advising and registration process.
Once you set up your PirateID and ECU email, secure your enrollment at ECU by completing the instructions below to pay the $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Use the PirateID you created earlier to log into PiratePort
- In the search bar at the top of PiratePort, type in “tuition” and select “Tuition Statements, 1098-T Statements & Payments”
- In the new window, select the “Deposits” tab, choose the deposit term (i.e. Fall 2023), and click “Select”
- Choose “Enrollment Deposit – Main Campus,” and click “Select,” and then “Continue””
- Choose your desired payment method, and click “Select”
- Follow the steps on the screen to enter and submit your payment information
Note: You will receive a payment confirmation by email.
|Semester||Enrollment Deposit Deadline (Admitted Students Only)|
|Fall 2023||August 16, 2023|
Transfer orientation is required for all admitted residential transfer students and is an important step to beginning your college career on the right foot. It will give you the tools for academic success, help you feel comfortable in the college environment, and assist you through the class registration process. Learn more about online and in-person orientation options and register. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: If you are pursuing an online degree completion program, you are not required to take this orientation. Contact Distance Education/Online Student Services at email@example.com for additional information.
Consult with academic advising and register for classes
For residential students, you will be able to access academic advising and register for classes once you register for Orientation. Orientation does not have to be completed to register for classes. It is important to complete course registration as soon as possible, as many classes fill up quickly. Below are the dates that course registration opens each term:
|Semester||Course Registration Opens|
|Fall/Summer 2023||March 27, 2023|
To schedule an appointment for academic advising, please use this Advising Contact List to contact the Advising Center for your intended academic program.
Verify your residency (NC residents only)
If you wish to claim in-state residency for tuition purposes, please make sure to complete theResidency Determination Service (RDS) process at NCresidency.org, if you have not done so already. You will need to provide us with your Residency Certification Number (RCN) via your Navigator account.
Apply for financial aid and scholarships
Make sure to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible. This will determine your eligibility for grants, loans, work-study, and other financial aid programs. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage all students to complete the FAFSA by March 1, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Review our scholarship opportunities. You will need to apply for scholarships separately from applying for financial aid. To find out more information on what is available, if you are eligible, and how to apply, visit the University Scholarships webpage.
Important Note: The deadline for most university scholarships is January 15.
Visit Campus (optional)
The best way to learn about your future institution is to visit. It is especially important for admitted students to learn about our academic programs, campus living and dining, financial aid, etc. Learn more about our transfer tours and events and then register online using your Navigator account.
Submit your campus housing preference (optional)
ECU believes that living on campus is an important part of the college experience. Housing assignments are made in the order contracts are received, so we encourage you to submit your application early. Visit the Campus Living website for information on how to apply online.
If you are interested in living off campus, please contact our Off-Campus Services office for additional information on off-campus housing.
Submit your final official transcripts
Enrolling students must submit their final official transcripts from all institutions attended (including graduation date, if applicable). To ensure all credits have been applied to your degree plan, please request to have your final official transcripts forwarded to the admissions office as soon as they are available.
Send transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Mail Stop 517
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
We also accept electronic transcripts from most transcript services. Please request to have them sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: All admissions decisions are contingent on your continued success. Students must maintain transfer requirements throughout the remainder of all coursework prior to their start term.
Complete Student Health Services checklist items
Visit the Student Health Services Checklist for New Pirates for information about health related requirements, including:
- Immunizations – Immunizations are a state law requirement and failure to comply will result in academic withdrawal. Learn more about immunization requirements.
- Report of Medical History – You must complete the online Report of Medical History form by logging into your Online Student Health account.
- Student Health Insurance – Health insurance is a requirement for students to enroll at an NC college or university. Once registered for classes, you will need to either enroll in, or waive out of, the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Verify social security number
The Internal Revenue Service requires East Carolina University to verify social security numbers (SSN) annually for accurate tax reporting on 1098-T forms. Having an accurate SSN on tax forms supports the tax deduction that a student or family may claim for qualified educational expenses on both federal and state income tax returns. Failure to provide ECU with an SSN may result in the student being fined in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code section 6723.
Download the SSN request FAQ (PDF) and follow the instructions to verify your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
Arrange payment of tuition and fees
Tuition bills are generated by the Cashier’s Office using the university’s Electronic Billing (eBill) system. Bills will not be mailed. Tuition and Fees must be paid by the date posted on your billing statement to avoid class schedule cancellation. Find more information about eBilling or payment options, including setting up a payment plan.
Purchase parking permit (optional)
If you wish to bring your car to campus, you will need to purchase a parking permit through ECU Parking & Transportation. Find more information about permit options and on-sale dates at the Parking & Transportation website.
Admission to Intended Academic Program
Please remember that admission to East Carolina University does not guarantee admission to an individual academic program. For more information about entrance into your specific academic program, please visit the departmental website available through our Degree Explorer page. Additionally, you may contact the academic advisor for your program of interest.
Contacts to Know
- Academic Advising – Advisor Contact List
- Campus Living and Dining – 252-328-4663
- Cashier – 252-737-6886 or email@example.com
- Disability Support Services – 252-737-1016 or DSSDept@ecu.edu
- Dowdy Student Stores (ECU bookstore) – (252) 328-6731 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid – 252-328-6610 or email@example.com
- Parking and Transportation – 252-328-6294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar – 252-328-6747 or email@example.com
- Student Health Services – 252-328-6841 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Office of Student Transitions – 252-328-4173 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Veteran Services – 252-737-6542 or email@example.com
- University Scholarships – 252-328-5816 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Campus Resources