Second Degree Admitted Student Checklist
Now that you have been admitted, there are several important steps for enrollment that must be completed in the checklist below.
On this Page
Set up your PirateID and email
Please log into the Navigator account you created when you submitted your application. There you will find your PirateID and email address. Then, activate your PirateID and create your secure passphrase. Need help? This helpful tutorial video will walk you through the process.
Important Note: All official correspondence will take place via your ECU email address. This includes tuition and fee bills, financial aid information, and any messages from your academic advisor, academic department, and faculty. Please check it frequently.
Verify your residency (NC residents only)
If you wish to claim in-state residency for tuition purposes, please make sure to complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) process at NCresidency.org, if you have not done so already. You will need to provide us with your Residency Certification Number (RCN) via your Navigator account.
Apply for financial aid and scholarships
Make sure to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible. This will determine your eligibility for grants, loans, work-study, and other financial aid programs. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage all students to complete the FAFSA by March 1, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Review our scholarship opportunities. You will need to apply for scholarships separately from applying for financial aid. To find out more information on what is available, if you are eligible, and how to apply, visit the University Scholarships webpage.
Important Note: The deadline for most university scholarships is January 15.
Submit your enrollment deposit
You must submit the non-refundable $100 Enrollment Deposit to reserve your spot in the upcoming class. This deposit is also required before you can begin the advising and registration process.
Once you set up your PirateID and ECU email, secure your enrollment at ECU by completing the instructions below to pay the $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Use the PirateID you created earlier to log into PiratePort
- In the search bar at the top of PiratePort, type in “tuition” and select “Tuition Statements, 1098-T Statements & Payments”
- In the new window, select the “Deposits” tab, choose the deposit term (i.e. Fall 2020), and click “Select”
- Choose “Enrollment Deposit – Main Campus,” and click “Select,” and then “Continue”
- Choose “Enrollment Deposit,” click “Select,” and then “Continue”
- Choose your desired payment method, and click “Select”
- Follow the steps on the screen to enter and submit your payment information
|Semester||Enrollment Deposit Deadline (Admitted Students Only)|
|Fall 2023||August 16, 2023|
Important Note: If you were previously enrolled at East Carolina University, you do not need to submit an Enrollment Deposit.
Submit your campus housing preference (optional)
If you are interested in living on campus, please submit your housing application as soon as possible once it becomes available online. Housing assignments are made in the order contracts are received, so we encourage you to submit your application early. Visit the Campus Living website for information on how to apply online.
If you are interested in living off campus, please contact our Off-Campus Services office for additional information on off-campus housing.
Begin advising and registration
After paying their enrollment deposit, all admitted students are to contact the appropriate advising center of their intended academic program to make a phone or in-person advising appointment. Students will be able to further discuss their program and degree plan. Please contact your advisor for your intended academic program.
Submit your final official transcripts
Enrolling students must submit their final official transcripts from all institutions attended (including graduation date, if applicable). To ensure all credits have been applied to your degree plan, please request to have your final official transcripts forwarded to the admissions office as soon as they are available.
Send transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Mail Stop 517
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
We also accept electronic transcripts from most transcript services. Please request to have them sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Note: All admissions decisions are contingent on your continued success. Students must maintain transfer requirements throughout the remainder of all coursework prior to their start term.
Complete Student Health Services checklist items
Visit the Student Health Services Checklist for New Pirates for information about health related requirements, including:
- Immunizations – Immunizations are a state law requirement and failure to comply will result in academic withdrawal. Learn more about immunization requirements.
- Report of Medical History – You must complete the online Report of Medical History form by logging into your Online Student Health account.
- Student Health Insurance – Health insurance is a requirement for students to enroll at an NC college or university. Once registered for classes, you will need to either enroll in, or waive out of, the Student Health Insurance Plan.
Verify social security number
The Internal Revenue Service requires East Carolina University to verify social security numbers (SSN) annually for accurate tax reporting on 1098-T forms. Having an accurate SSN on tax forms supports the tax deduction that a student or family may claim for qualified educational expenses on both federal and state income tax returns. Failure to provide ECU with an SSN may result in the student being fined in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code section 6723.
Download the SSN request FAQ (PDF) and follow the instructions to verify your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
Arrange payment of tuition and fees
Tuition bills are generated by the Cashier’s Office in early July, using the university’s Electronic Billing (eBill) system. Bills will not be mailed. Tuition and Fees must be paid by the date posted on your billing statement to avoid class schedule cancellation. Find more information about eBilling or payment options, including setting up a payment plan.
Admission to Intended Academic Program
Please remember that admission to East Carolina University does not guarantee admission to an individual academic program. For more information about entrance into your specific academic program, please visit the departmental website available through our Degree Explorer page. Additionally, you may contact your academic advisor for your program of interest.
Contacts to Know
- Academic Advising – Advisor Contact List
- Campus Living and Dining – 252-328-4663
- Cashier – 252-737-6886 or email@example.com
- Disability Support Services – 252-737-1016 or DSSDept@ecu.edu
- Financial Aid – 252-328-6610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking and Transportation – 252-328-6294 or email@example.com
- Registrar – 252-328-6747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Services – 252-328-6841 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Student Transitions – 252-328-4173 or email@example.com
- Student Veteran Services – 252-737-6542 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Campus Resources