Visiting Student Admitted Student Checklist
Now that you have been admitted, there are several important steps for enrollment that must be completed in the checklist below.
First Things First
Set up your PirateID and email
Please log into the Navigator account you created when you submitted your application. There you will find your PirateID and email address. Then, activate your PirateID and create your secure passphrase. Need help? This helpful tutorial video will walk you through the process.
Important Note: All official correspondence will take place via your ECU email address. This includes tuition and fee bills, financial aid information, and any messages from your academic advisor, academic department, and faculty. Please check it frequently.
Verify your residency (NC residents only)
If you wish to claim in-state residency for tuition purposes, please make sure to complete the Residency Determination Service (RDS) process at NCresidency.org, if you have not done so already. Provide us with your Residency Certification Number (RCN) by emailing it to email@example.com. For more information, visit the Office of the Registrar’s Residency page, or contact RDS at 1-844-319-3640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact our Registrar directly to make arrangements for course registration. Registrar: 252-328-6524 or email@example.com.
Before You Arrive
Complete your medical report
Visiting students taking more than 4 credit hours are required to submit the Report of Medical History form with their immunization records to Student Health Services. You must be cleared as “health compliant” prior to actual attendance. Visit the Student Health Services webpage for more information.
We do not guarantee all courses will have seats open as we operate on a space-available basis. Please contact the Registrar as soon as possible to register for your course(s).
Limit of Credit Hours
Enrollment as a visiting student is limited to no more than 28 semester hours earned at East Carolina University. Credit earned as a visiting student cannot be used to establish eligibility for admission into the university, but up to 28 semester hours earned may be applied after the student has been admitted.
Contacts to Know
- Academic Advising – Advisor Contact List
- Campus Living and Dining – 252-328-4663
- Cashier – 252-737-6886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Support Services – 252-737-1016 or DSSDept@ecu.edu
- Financial Aid – 252-328-6610 or email@example.com
- Parking and Transportation – 252-328-6294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar – 252-328-6747 or email@example.com
- Student Health Services – 252-328-6841 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Office of Student Transitions – 252-328-4173 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Veteran Services – 252-737-6542 or email@example.com
- Other Campus Resources