Financial aid for qualifying students is available through federal, state and institutional programs. To apply for financial aid, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- We encourage all families to fill out the FAFSA, as 73% of our students receive some form of financial assistance.
- The FAFSA for 2024-25 will become available sometime in December 2023.
- ECU’s priority deadline for the FAFSA is March 1 and funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ECU’s Federal School Code is 002923.
For more information about financial aid processing, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Most students pay for their education using a combination of grants, loans and scholarships.
- Grants are funds that do not require repayment. Grants are generally awarded to students with the greatest financial need, which is determined by completion of the FAFSA.
- Loans are funds that do require repayment. Students and/or parents may be able to borrow these funds to pay for school.
- Scholarships are gifts of money that do not require repayment. Learn more about scholarships here.